June view 2009

June view 2009
View of rose and herb garden, June 2009

Small Garden Story

Over some 15 + years, I have been photographing the evolution of my small (85 x 15 foot) garden and it seems a waste not to put these records into some sort of context. Beginning here in April 2010 this Blog is intended to both act as a diary and to share past and present successes (and some failures), pleasures and disappointments with fellow garden-lovers. In due course, I intend to fill in some of the background and early days but that will have to wait until the winter months!

Friday 10 June 2011

Rambling Rose

When I bought the rose labelled "Kiftsgate", it seemed like a great idea.   It is a common mistake when starting to plant a small garden to buy things that will grow fast but there has been a lot of time when I have wondered at the wisdom of this purchase.   I'm now not even sure it IS Kifstgate.   However, I have now decided that I don't care at all how dominating this rampant beast is - it just turns the garden into fairyland for at least 3 weeks every June.   It is just about at its most explosive best just now.   I thoroughly recommend it!


No comments:

Post a Comment